BEING AN EXAMPLE WITH YOUR WORDS
1 Timothy 4:12 – 16 – Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word…
- DON’T BE GUILTY IN DRAWING CRITICIMS TO YOUR YOUTHFULLNESS
- Let no one despise your youth
- Despise means to look down on with contempt, to regard as worthless or distasteful.
- Youth: Formative years, the qualities of vigour, freshness, or immaturity as associated with being young. An early stage in the development of something.
- BE AN EXAMPLE
- Synonym: Lead, model, pattern, ideal, standard, template, paradigm.
Be illustrated or exemplified.
- Definition: A person or thing regarded in terms of their fitness to be imitated or the likelihood of their being imitated.
- BE AN EXAMPLE IN WORD (IN WHAT YOU SAY)
- Words are most powerful.
- Words can give someone hope to anticipate a great future. Yet words can also destroy the faith of a hopeful person.
- In the book of Proverbs in the eighteenth chapter and verse 21, King Solomon tells us that “Death and life are in the power of the tongue and those who love it will eat its fruit.”
You see how powerful words that are coming out of your mouth are. They are able to sustain life or suck it out of someone.
That means when you are cognitive of the words you are speaking and you want to target them constructively and not destructively, it will better you, your surroundings, and ultimately, the world.
- How do you use your words?
- Do you speak the truth or lies?
- Do you honor your words?
- Do you seduce others with your words?
- Are you respecting or disrespecting your parents and elders with your words?
- Are you being mean or are you being kind to others with your words?
- Are you gossiping or are you teaching positive things with your words?
- Are you using your words in ways to control people’s emotions (manipulation) or are you showing them the way to life?
- To be an example with your words, determine not to lie but to speak the truth to others
- Colossians 3:9 -Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices.
- According to the Lord Jesus, people who do evil things and lie make themselves children of the devil.
- John 8:44 –“For you are the children of your father the devil, and you love to do evil things he does. He was a murderer from the beginning. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.”
- With that being said, if you were lying constantly, and you don’t want to make yourself to be a child of the devil, then there’s only one thing to do. Speak the truth.
- Speak truth to one another
- Ephesians 4:14-15 Then we will no longer be immature like children. We won’t be tossed and blown about by every wind of new teaching. We will not be influenced when people try to trick us with lies so clever they sound like the truth. 15 Instead, we will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ who is the head of His body, the Church.
When you consider the power that is in words, how constructive or destructive it can be, you will want to be more disciplined in the way you use your words.
Your words are powerful psychological bullets. Therefore, aim right and aim at the right target, so that you will shoot great and powerful words to build people and your community and not demolish your community along with the people.
Be blessed, and please check out the resources to help you build a new mindset with a beautiful attitude that will take you to higher heights along with the people you are speaking to.